Receiving an AWS certification demonstrates the expertise and commitment necessary to advance your career in the world of web services. This industry-recognized credential is a valuable asset to have, giving you the ability to design, deploy and operate AWS applications and services for all your organization’s needs. While there are tons of training available to you, AWS Bootcamp programs are extensive courses offering immersive exercises and hands-on practices for a comprehensive understanding of the infrastructure.
These Bootcamps are popular at the AWS Summits across the country, but Web Age offers two notable AWS Bootcamp courses for the Administrator Associate and Professional levels. Here’s everything you need to know about both:
AWS SysOps Administrator Associate Certification Bootcamp Training
This SysOps Administrator Associate training is designed for Systems Administrators and Software Developers who already know the AWS technical essentials and how to maintain operating systems at the command line. You should also have basic knowledge of networking protocols, such as TCP/IP and HTTP.
Over the course of three days and 13 different chapters, you’ll develop a comprehensive understanding of the standard AWS infrastructure features, including Amazon Virtual Private Cloud, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, Elastic Load Balancing and AWS Scaling from the command line. By exploring the best practices for configuring and deploying, you’ll learn to create automatable and repeatable networks and systems deployments on the AWS platform.
By the end of the course, you’ll also know how to:
- Build virtual private networks with Amazon VPC
- Deploy Amazon EC2 instances through command line calls, while troubleshooting common issues
- Manage AWS permissions, identity and security in the AWS Cloud
- Determine the best strategy to create reusable Amazon EC2 instances
- Troubleshoot a basic AWS CloudFormation stack definition
- Monitor the health of Amazon EC2 instances
- Use tags, Amazon CloudWatch and AWS Trusted Advisor to manage resource consumption
AWS DevOps Certification Bootcamp – Professional Level
The Professional Level AWS Bootcamp gives you the opportunity to examine and address a number of scenarios which commonly occur in startups, small-to-medium sized businesses and enterprise development settings. By learning the core principles of DevOps methodology, you’ll explore the most valuable patterns for development, deployment, and maintenance of the AWS applications.
Systems Administrators and Software Developers taking the course should already have an understanding of Systems Operations or Developing on AWS, be proficient in at least one high-level programming languages, such as Java, PHP, or Ruby), and be able to administer Linux or Windows systems at the command line level.
With those experiences, this 3-day, 17-chapter course will give you the tools you need to not only implement the primary practices and concepts of DevOps methodology, but also:
- Deploy the infrastructure required to create development, test, and production environments using AWS CloudFormation and AWS OpsWorks
- Leverage automated testing in different stages of a CI/CD pipeline
- Implement several continuous deployment (CD) use cases using AWS technologies, such as blue/green deployment and A/B testing
- Deploy the infrastructure required to create development, test, and production environments for software development projects using AWS CloudFormation and AWS OpsWorks
- Use Amazon EC2 Systems Manager for patch management
- Manage all software development activities in one place using AWS CodeStar
- Differentiate between all application deployment technologies on AWS, such as AWS CodeDeploy, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Elastic and more
With our AWS Bootcamp online training, you’ll be able to learn all about the AWS services and solutions at the Administrative Associate and Professional levels on your on time to help you advance your career as an expert in today’s fastest growing technology. To learn more about our other AWS courses available, contact us to discuss your training goals.