Providing Technology Training and Mentoring For Modern Technology Adoption
An increase in the volume and velocity of data has spurred a need for new techniques to understand and convey its meaning. Data visualizations are graphical means of summarizing and describing data. This course provides participants with instructions on using Tableau to create various types of visualizations.
Upon completion of this course you will:
• Business Analyst (IT and non-IT)• Project Leaders/Project Managers• Systems Analyst• Data Analyst
The structure of the courses assumes no prior experience in statistics or data analytics.
• Create a simple table and change it to a bar chart• Create a simple table and change it to a stacked bar chart• Duplicate and Create a Crosstab• Save and/or Export
• The Workspace• Shelves and Cards• Tableau File Types
• Connecting to EXCEL• Other Data Sources• Understanding How to Combine Data Sources• Data in the Workbook• Creating Workbook Items• Create a Hierarchy• Create a Group• Create a Set• Create a Custom Date• Create Calculated Fields
• Elements of a Visualization• Sorting Data in a Visualization• Filtering Data• Creating a Simple Filter• Basic Date Options• Using Marks• Visualization Based Calculations
• Crosstabs• Bar Charts• Histograms• Line Charts• Plotting Two Measures as a Line• Moving Averages, Trend Lines & Reference Lines• Moving Average• Trend Line• Reference Lines and Bands• Scatterplots• Create a Lattice Scatterplot• Drilling into a Lattice Scatterplot• Label each point• Creating a Geographic Map (as a heat map)