After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Use SQL Server query tools
- Write SELECT statements to retrieve columns from one or more tables
- Sort and filter selected data
- Use built-in functions to returned data values
- Create groups of data and aggregate the results
- Modify data with Transact-SQL using INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and MERGE
Who Can Benefit?
This course can be valuable for anyone who needs to write basic SQL or Transact-SQL queries. This includes anyone working with data as a data analyst, a data engineer, a data scientist, a database administrator or a database developer. It can also be useful for others peripherally involved with data, or wanting to learn more about working with data such as solution architects, students and technology managers.
Outline for Querying Data with Microsoft Transact-SQL Training
- Introduction to Transact-SQL
- Sort and filter results in T-SQL
- Combine multiple tables with JOINs in T-SQL
- Write Subqueries in T-SQL
- Use built-in functions and GROUP BY in Transact-SQL
- Modify data with T-SQL