There are no prerequisites for this course.
- connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query.
- include a search condition in a simple query.
- use various functions to perform calculations on data.
- organize data obtained from a query before it is displayed on-screen.
- retrieve data from tables.
- format an output, save a result, and generate a report.
Who Can Benefit?
Individuals with basic computer skills, familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology, and who want to use SQL to query databases.
Outline for SQL Querying Fundamentals - Part 1 Training
Executing a Simple Query
- Connect to the SQL Database
- Query a Database
- Save a Query
- Modify a Query
- Execute a Saved Query
Performing a Conditional Search
- Search Using a Simple Condition
- Compare Column Values
- Search Using Multiple Conditions
- Search for a Range of Values and Null Values
- Retrieve Data Based on Patterns
Working with Functions
- Perform Date Calculations
- Calculate Data Using Aggregate Functions
- Manipulate String Values
- Sort Data
- Rank Data
- Group Data
- Filter Grouped Data
- Summarize Grouped Data
- Use PIVOT and UNPIVOT Operators
Retrieving Data from Tables
- Combine Results of Two Queries
- Compare the Results of Two Queries
- Retrieve Data by Joining Tables
- Check for Unmatched Records
- Retrieve Information from a Single Table Using Joins
Presenting Query Results
- Save the Query Result
- Generate an XML Report