What you will Learn
By the end of the course, you will be able to...
- Understand basic Unix concepts
- Log in to and out of the system
- Understand the basic components of Unix, such as the file system and command interpreter
- Use vi, the standard Unix text editor
- Use basic Unix tools and commands
This course is designed for administrators, operators, managers, and support personnel and users of Unix systems with non-technical backgrounds who will be using a traditional Unix development system rather than a customized Unix environment.
There are no prerequisites.
Outline for UNIX Basics for Users Training
- Why Unix?
- Getting Started With Unix
- The File System Hierarchy
- The vi Editor
- More vi
- Customizing vi
- Controlling Process Execution