System programmers, applications programmers, administrators, support personnel and anyone needing to gain proficiency in Unix Shell Programming will benefit from this hands-on lab experience.
By the end of the course, you will be able to...
- Code and invoke shell programs
- Perform terminal I/O
- Create and share variables
- Debug shell code
- Use shell functions
- Discuss differences in Korn, Bourne and C shell environments
Student should have basic knowledge of Unix commands and utilities prior to taking this class.
- UNIX Tools and Utilities Workshop
- UNIX Basics for Users
- UNIX Boot Camp
Outline for UNIX Shell Programming Workshop Training
- Basic Command Review
- System Variables
- Shell Execution
- Shell Coding Basics
- Intermediate Shell Coding
- More Shell Coding
- Other Useful Commands