Before attending this course, students must have:
- General understanding of networking and cloud computing concepts.
- General IT knowledge or any general experience working in an IT environment.
- General understanding of Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe basic concepts of security, compliance, and identity.
- Describe the concepts and capabilities of Microsoft identity and access management solutions.
- Describe the capabilities of Microsoft security solutions.
- Describe the compliance management capabilities in Microsoft.
Who Can Benefit?
The audience for this course is looking to familiarize themselves with the fundamentals of security, compliance, and identity (SCI) across cloud-based and related Microsoft services. The content for this course aligns to the SC-900 exam objective domain.Candidates should be familiar with Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 and understand how Microsoft security, compliance, and identity solutions can span across these solution areas to provide a holistic and end-to-end solution.
Outline for Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals Training
- Describe security and compliance concepts
- Describe identity concepts
- Describe the function and identity types of Microsoft Entra ID
- Describe the authentication capabilities of Microsoft Entra ID
- Describe access management capabilities of Microsoft Entra ID
- Describe the identity protection and governance capabilities of Microsoft Entra
- Describe core infrastructure security services in Azure
- Describe security management capabilities of Azure
- Describe security capabilities of Microsoft Sentinel
- Describe threat protection with Microsoft 365 Defender
- Describe Microsoft’s Service Trust portal and privacy capabilities
- Describe the compliance management capabilities in Microsoft Purview
- Describe information protection and data lifecycle management in Microsoft Purview
- Describe insider risk capabilities in Microsoft Purview
- Describe the eDiscovery and audit capabilities of Microsoft Purview
- Describe resource governance capabilities in Azure