- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Build knowledge needed to install and operate SAP HANA successfully on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
- Review techniques on performance tuning and troubleshooting to get the most out of Red Hat Enterprise Linux when using SAP products.
Who Can Benefit?
This course is designed for system administrators who manage SAP environments on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and are interested in learning how to get the storage and network performance required.
Outline for Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions Workshop Training
- Get help in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Resolve problems using Red Hat support utilities and on-line systems.
- Perform service management and boot troubleshooting
- Control and monitor system daemons and troubleshoot the Red Hat Enterprise Linux boot process.
- Configure system tunables
- Learn several methods to configure operating system tuning parameters.
- Manage IPV4 networking review
- Configure and troubleshoot basic IPv4 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
- Execute network teaming
- Learn how to configure 803.3ad network link aggregation.
- Update software packages
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and YUM package repositories.
- Manage tuned profiles
- Deploy the automatic tuning daemon and create tuned profiles.
- Limit resource usage
- Configure POSIX resource limits and manage control groups.
- Understand storage profiling
- Describe and use tools to generate a storage profile.
- Tune file systems
- Tune Linux filesystems for a database workload.
- Explore SAP HANA architecture
- Understand the core concepts of the SAP HANA architecture.
- Learn Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA
- Understand the requirements of and how to install the SAP HANA add-on for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and SAP HANA Express.
- Consider Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA deployment options
- Learn various ways to deploy Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA in the cloud or using Red Hat® Satellite or Red Hat® Ansible Automation.