- RHCSA certification or equivalent experience
- For candidates who have not earned their RHCSA certification, confirmation of the correct skills and knowledge can be obtained by passing the online skills assessment.
Who Can Benefit?
- Red Hat System Administration III is intended for experienced Linux administrators wishing to learn enterprise-level automation techniques through scripting, how to deploy and secure network services, and how to manage other key security features of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Students in this course should have earned their RHCSA or have equivalent skills.
Outline for Red Hat System Administration III: Data Center Services for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Training
Control services and daemons
Review how to manage services and the boot-up process using systemctl.
Manage IPv6 networking
Configure and troubleshoot basic IPv6 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
Configure link aggregation and bridging
Configure and troubleshoot advanced network interface functionality including bonding, teaming, and local software bridges.
Control network port security
Permit and reject access to network services using advanced SELinux and firewalld filtering techniques.
Manage DNS for servers
Set and verify correct DNS records for systems and configure secure DNS caching.
Configure email delivery
Relay all email sent by the system to an SMTP gateway for central delivery.
Provide block-based storage
Provide and use networked iSCSI block devices as remote disks.
Provide file-based storage
Provide NFS exports and SMB file shares to specific systems and users.
Configure MariaDB databases
Provide a MariaDB SQL database for use by programs and database administrators.
Provide Apache HTTPD web service
Configure Apache HTTPD to provide Transport Layer Security (TLS)-enabled websites and virtual hosts.
Write Bash scripts
Write simple shell scripts using Bash.
Bash conditionals and control structures
Use Bash conditionals and other control structures to write more sophisticated shell commands and scripts.
Configure the shell environment
Customize Bash startup and use environment variables, Bash aliases, and Bash functions.
Linux containers preview
Preview the capabilities of Linux containers, Docker, and other related technologies in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in Red Hat System Administration III.
Recommended next exam or course:
- Red Hat Certified Engineer Exam (EX300)
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RH318)
- Red Hat Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management (RH401)
- Red Hat Enterprise Clustering and Storage Management (RH436)
- Red Hat Enterprise System Monitoring and Performance Tuning (RH442)
- Red Hat Server Hardening (RH413)
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration (CL210)
- Red Hat OpenShift Administration (CL280)