- Basic data modeling, user experience design, requirements analysis, and process
- A personal growth mindset and are comfortable using technology to solve business problems.
- An understanding ofthe operational need and have a vision of the desired outcome. They approach
problems with phased and iterative strategies.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design apps and automate workflows
- Create apps and automate workflows
- Analyze and visualize data in context of an app or automated workflow
Who Can Benefit?
The App Maker builds solutions to simplify, automate, and transform tasks and processes forthemselves and their team where they have deep expertise in the solution business domain.They have basic data modeling, user experience design, requirements analysis, and processanalysis skills.The App Maker creates and enforces business processes, structures digital collection ofinformation, improves efficiency of repeatable tasks, and automates business processes.The App Maker uses the Maker tools of Power Platform to solve business problems. They mayuse advanced features of Microsoft apps and third-party productivity tools. The App Maker isaware of the capabilities and limitations of available tools and understands how to apply them.The App Maker is self-directed, and solution focused. They may not have formal IT training butare comfortable using technology to solve business problems with a personal growth mindset.They understand the operational need and have a vision of the desired outcome. They approachproblems with phased and iterative strategies.
Outline for Microsoft Power Platform App Maker Training
- Describe the business value of the Microsoft Power Platform
- How to build your first model-driven app with Dataverse
- Create tables in Dataverse
- Get started with model-driven apps in Power Apps
- Create and manage columns within a table in Dataverse
- Get started with security roles in Dataverse
- Document and test your Power Apps application
- Get started with Microsoft Dataverse for Teams
- Build your first app with Power Apps and Dataverse for Teams
- Navigation in a canvas app in Power Apps
- How to build the UI in a canvas app in Power Apps
- Use and understand Controls in a canvas app in Power Apps
- Get started with Power Automate
- Use the Admin center to manage environments and data policies in Power Automate
- Introduction to Microsoft Power Platform security and governance
- Build your first workflow with Power Automate and Dataverse for Teams
- Get started building with Power BI
- Get data with Power BI Desktop
- Create reports with Power BI and Dataverse for Teams
- Get started with AI Builder
- Create a chatbot with Microsoft Copilot Studio and Dataverse for Teams