To get the most of out of this course, participants should have:
- Having completed Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure, or having equivalent experience
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the differences among Google Cloud
- compute platforms.
- Discuss the components and architecture of Kubernetes.
- Identify how Google manages Kubernetes orchestration.
- Create and manage Google Kubernetes Engine clusters by using the Google Cloud console and the gcloud/kubectl commands.
Who Can Benefit?
This class is intended for the following participants:
- Application developers, cloud solutions architects, DevOps engineers, IT managers
- Individuals who use Google Cloud to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with Google Cloud.
Outline for Getting Started with Google Kubernetes Engine Training
Module 1: Introduction to the Course
- The course introduction explains the course goals and previews each section. Introduce the course goals and preview each section of the course.
Module 2: Introduction to Google Cloud
- Cloud computing and Google Cloud
- Google Cloud compute offerings
- The Google network
- Resource management
- Interacting with Google Cloud
Module 3: Introduction to Containers and Kubernetes
- Introduction to containers
- Container images
- Working with Cloud Build
- Google Kubernetes Engine
Module 4: Kubernetes Architecture
- Kubernetes concepts
- The Kubernetes control plane
- Google Kubernetes Engine concepts
- Kubernetes object management
Module 5: Kubernetes Operations
- The kubectl command
- The course summary recaps the major concepts learners were introduced to during the course.