- Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO280) is highly recommended in order to be successful in this course.
- Red Hat OpenShift Installation Lab (DO322) is suggested.
- Assessing OpenShift 3 to OpenShift 4 migration scenarios.
- Discussion of OpenShift 4 minor version migration scenarios.
- Deploying the Migration Toolkit for Containers.
- Migrating Persistent Volumes application data between OpenShift clusters.
- Migrating application images from the internal registry between OpenShift clusters.
- Moving Kubernetes manifests application resources between OpenShift clusters.
- Migrating Kubernetes cluster settings between OpenShift clusters.
Who Can Benefit?
- Red Hat consultants and partners responsible for customer success and who want to migrate from OpenShift 3 to OpenShift 4.
- OpenShift professionals responsible for the transition of workloads onto OpenShift 4.
Outline for Red Hat Openshift Migration Lab Training
- Planning an OpenShift 3 to 4 migration
- Preparing the target cluster for migration
- Deploying the Migration Toolkit for Containers (MTC)
- Migrating applications using the MTC
- Mapping application dependencies and dandling migration issues
- Automating application migrations using the MTC API and Ansible
- Reducing downtime during a migration process
- Red Hat OpenShift 3 to 4 migration lab comprehensive review