- Achieving the Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration certification on OpenShift 4 is strongly recommended, or at least taking Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO280) before taking this course.
- “Equivalent knowledge of Kubernetes” is not applicable here because performing anything other than a very minimal, all-defaults Full Stack Automated installation of OpenShift on a cloud provider requires knowledge of OpenShift cluster operators.
- Achieving the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration before taking DO322 is also strongly recommended.
- Validate infrastructure prerequisites for an OpenShift cluster.
- Run the OpenShift installer with custom settings.
- Describe and monitor each stage of the OpenShift installation process.
- Collect troubleshooting information during an ongoing installation, or after a failed installation.
- Complete the configuration of cluster services in a newly installed cluster.
Who Can Benefit?
- Cluster administrators (Junior systems administrators, junior cloud administrators) interested in deploying additional clusters to meet increasing demands from their organizations.
- Cluster engineers (Senior systems administrators, senior cloud administrators, cloud engineers) interested in the planning and design of OpenShift clusters to meet performance and reliability of different workloads and in creating work books for these installations.
- Site reliability engineers (SREs) interested in deploying test bed clusters to validate new settings, updates, customizations, operational procedures, and responses to incidents.
Outline for Red Hat OpenShift Installation Lab Training
- Describe the OpenShift Installation Process
- Install OpenShift in a Cloud Provider
- Install OpenShift on a Virtualized Environment
- Plan to Install OpenShift without an Infrastructure Provider
- Install OpenShift without an Infrastructure Provider
- Complete the Installation of OpenShift without an Infrastructure Provider