We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- AWS Technical Essentials
- Working knowledge of AWS core services
- Programming experience in any one of the following languages:
This course is designed to teach you how to:
- Build a simple end-to-end cloud application using AWS Software Development Kits (AWS SDKs), Command Line Interface (AWS CLI), and IDEs.
- Configure AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) permissions to support a development environment.
- Use multiple programming patterns in your applications to access AWS services.
- Use AWS SDKs to perform CRUD (create, read, update, delete) operations on Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and Amazon DynamoDB resources.
- Build AWS Lambda functions with other service integrations for your web applications.
- Understand the benefits of microservices architectures and serverless applications to design.
- Develop API Gateway components and integrate with other AWS services.
- Explain how Amazon Cognito controls user access to AWS resources.
- Build a web application using Cognito to provide and control user access.
- Use DevOps methodology to reduce the risks associated with traditional application releases and identify AWS services that help in implementing DevOps practices.
- Use AWS Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM) to deploy an application.
- Observe your application build using Amazon X-Ray.
Who Can Benefit?
This course is intended for:
- Software developers
- Solution architects
- IT workers who want to improve their developing skills using AWS Services
Outline for Developing on AWS Training
- Module 1: Course Overview
- Module 2: Building a Web Application on AWS
- Module 3: Getting Started with Development on AWS
- Module 4: Getting Started with Permissions
- Lab 1: Configure the Developer Environment
- Module 5: Getting Started with Storage
- Module 6: Processing Your Storage Operations
- Lab 2: Develop Solutions Using Amazon S3
- Module 7: Getting Started with Databases
- Module 8: Processing Your Database Operations
- Lab 3: Develop Solutions Using Amazon DynamoDB
- Module 9: Processing Your Application Logic
- Lab 4: Develop Solutions Using AWS Lambda Functions
- Module 10: Managing the APIs
- Lab 5: Develop Solutions Using Amazon API Gateway
- Module 11: Building a Modern Application
- Module 12: Granting Access to Your Application Users
- Lab 6: Capstone – Complete the Application Build
- Module 13: Deploying Your Application
- Module 14: Observing Your Application
- Lab 7: Observe the Application Using AWS X-Ray
- Module 15: Course Wrap-up
Course #: AWS_DEV
This Certified Developing on AWS course teaches students how to develop applications for the AWS cloud platform.
Developing on AWS helps developers understand how to use the AWS SDK to develop secure and scalable cloud applications.
This Developing on AWS Certification course provides in-depth knowledge about how to interact with AWS using code and covers key concepts, best practices, and troubleshooting tips.
Web Age is an approved Advanced AWS Training Partner, meaning we have access to the complete AWS official curriculum delivered with the high level of customer service that you expect from Web Age Solutions.
How to Manage Your AWS Costs
In this Developing on AWS Certification course, you will learn:
- Set up the AWS SDK and developer credentials for Java, C#/.NET, and Python
- Interact with AWS services and develop solutions by using the AWS SDK
- Use AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) for service authentication
- Use Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and Amazon DynamoDB as data stores
- Integrate applications and data by using AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS), Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS), and AWS Step Functions
- Use Web Identity Framework and Amazon Cognito for user authentication
- Use Amazon ElastiCache to improve application scalability
- Use containers in the development process
- Leverage the CI/CD pipeline to deploy applications on AWS
This Developing on AWS course is intended for:
Intermediate-level software developers
To attend this Developing on AWS course, attendees should have the following prerequisites:
Familiarity with AWS services
A working knowledge of Java, C#/.Net, or Python
Courses taken: AWS Technical Essentials
Outline of Developing on AWS Certification Course
- Introduction to Developing on AWS
- Introduction to IAM
- Introduction to the Lab Environment
- Developing Storage Solutions with Amazon S3
- Developing Flexible NoSQL Solutions with Amazon DynamoDB
- Developing Solutions with AWS Lambda
- Developing Solutions with Amazon API Gateway
- Developing Solutions with Amazon SQS & SNS
- Developing Solutions with AWS Step Functions
- Caching Information with Amazon ElastiCache
- Getting Started with Containers
- Developing Secure Solutions
- Developing Applications
Proven Results in AWS Training
For over 20 years, we have trained thousands of developers at some of the country’s largest tech companies – including many Fortune 500 companies. We’re proudly distinguished by these clients, partners and awards.
Instructor is very knowledgeable and made the course topics easy to understand and learn.
Excellent instructor— his use of analogies and personal experiences with cloud architecture allowed for me to bust through some knowledge blockers. I felt my knowledge was expanded.
The labs were great— everything was presented to me in a very simple and clear manner. The instructions were very easy to follow.
AWS DevOps Certification
The AWS Training video is geared towards preparing the students for the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional exam.
In this AWS Training video we will focus on areas of knowledge that are directly related to the exam.
It is intended to provide students with an overview of the knowledge requirements for passing the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is AWS?
Amazon Web Services is a collection of services, when taken together, make up a cloud computing platform. AWS offers services on Compute (EC2), Networking (Route 53), CDN (CloudFront), Storage (S3), and more.
What is AWS Certification?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of the most well-known cloud platforms, comprising a collection of more than 70 cloud computing services, covering storage, networking, compute, database, analytics, application services, deployment and developer tools. The AWS certification will enable you to design, plan and scale AWS implementations and pave the way for an exciting career path in the cloud computing domain. The AWS certification will add weight to your technical understanding and skills in working with AWS principles.
What is the list of AWS certificates?
See above for a list of Certificates that Amazon offers with links to explain the details of each one.
What is an AWS Certified Developer – Associate?
An AWS Certified Developer is an individual who is certified and who perform a developer role in maintaining an AWS based application for one or more years.
What is required to be eligible for the AWS Certified Developer – Associate exam?
To be eligible for the AWS Certified Developer – Associate Exam, a familiarity with AWS services and a working knowledge of Java, C#/.Net, or Python is required.
Who delivers the Developing on AWS course?
Our AWS trainers are highly qualified, AWS-Certified experts with rich training experience.
Can I take Developing on AWS Certification online?
Yes! Our Certified Developing on AWS course is available as “onsite live training” or “online live training”.
Onsite live Developing on AWS Certification training can be carried out locally on customer premises or in Web Age corporate training centers.
Online live Developing on AWS Certification training is carried out by way of an interactive, remote desktop.
Ask about our Certified Developing on AWS course today!