After completion of this course; you will be able to:
- Create custom workflows using SharePoint Designer 2019.
- Learn to use Content Approval settings & Workflow.
- Learn to use Term stores & managed Metadata.
- Learn to use the Document ID Service.
- Learn SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure.
- Learn to create & use Document Sets.
- Learn to route documents with Content Organizer.
- Learn to use Metadata Navigation.
- Learn to create external content types with Business Connectivity Services.
- Learn to use Information Management Policies.
SharePoint 2019 End User
Outline for SharePoint Power User 2019 Training
Module 1: Content Approval
Content approval can be used on both lists and libraries in a SharePoint site. With
content approval enabled, you have additional options to control the visibility of
items. Content approval is enabled through the list/library settings page.
Content can be approved manually through the context menu and toolbar of an item
or it can be automated with workflows. SharePoint includes a workflow specifically
for approving content.
- Enabling Content Approval
- Content Approval Workflows
Module 2: Creating Custom Workflows with SharePoint Designer 2013
Workflows are a popular way to perform automated work in SharePoint. Any type
of automation you require from SharePoint, whether it be approving items or
notifications with email, a workflow is the most common way to get it done.
SharePoint 2019 comes with extra out-of-box workflows that can be associated and
configured with lists and libraries using just the browser. Custom workflows can be
created with software applications such as SharePoint Designer 2013 or Visual
- Workflow Basics
- Custom List Workflows
- Workflow Actions
- Workflow Stages and Conditions
- Workflow Initiation Form
- Site Workflows
Module 3: Working with Managed Metadata
The Managed Metadata service in SharePoint Server 2019 provides central term
storage and management. The Term Store is what allows you to have common sets
of terms that can be shared across all sites and site collections within a farm.
- Creating a Term Store Group and Term Set
- Creating Metadata Columns in Lists and Libraries
- Publishing Content Types
Module 4: Business Connectivity Services
Business Connectivity Services is a free service that comes with the Foundation
version of SharePoint. The service enables administrators to create external lists
linked to data outside of SharePoint.
- Business Connectivity Services Basics
- Creating an External Content Type with SharePoint Designer
- Creating a List from an Exerternal Content Type
Module 5: Information Management Policy
SharePoint's Information Management Policies are used to perform various automated
actions on list and library items based on date properties. The built-in time formula
can be based on either the date the item was created, modified, or declared record.
- Information Management Policy Basics
- Define an Information Policy for a Content Type
- Defining an Information Policy for a List
Module 6: Content Organizer
Content organizer is a SharePoint feature, which only comes with the pay versions
of SharePoint, that provides document routing from a drop-off library. The feature
is enabled at the site level and the drop-off library is created as part of the feature
activation. Once the drop-off library is created, you can define rules that route
documents placed in the drop-off library to their final destination.
- Activating the Content Organizer Feature
- Configuring Content Organizer Settings
- Configuring Content Organizer Rules
Module 7: Document ID Service
SharePoint's Document ID service, available with the pay versions of SharePoint,
creates unique IDs for documents that are prefixed with text the Site Collection
Administrator defines. What's more is that the ID assigned to the document creates
a fixed URL that can be used to link to the document even if it is moved to another
library or site. The Document ID service can only be used on documents and cannot
be used on list items.
The Document ID service is enabled at the Site Collection level by activating a
feature. Once the service is activated the Site Collection Administrator can define
the prefix string to be used. SharePoint uses a Timer Job, Document ID assignment
job, to set the IDs on existing documents once the Document ID Service has been
activated. The Timer Job runs every 24 hours by default so existing documents will
not have the IDs until the job has run. A Farm administrator can manually run thejob to have the IDs created sooner. New documents will have IDs created when the
document is saved to the library.
- Activating the Document ID Feature
- Configuring Documentn ID Settings
- Linking Document ID Settings
Module 8: Document Sets
SharePoint's Documents Sets are like enhanced versions of folders. As with folders,
you primarily use them to group similar documents together. They are enhanced
with the ability to have their own metadata, workflows, and home page.
To use Document Sets, the feature must be active at the Site Collection level. Once
activated, there will be a new Document Set content type in the Site Collection's
content type gallery. To best take advantage of the enhancements offered by
Document Sets, you should create custom content types that inherit from the
Document Set content type.
- Activating the Document Sets Feature
- Creating a Document Set Content Type
- Adding a Document Set Content Type of a Library
Module 9: SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure
SharePoint's publishing infrastructure provides an enhanced way to create and store
information displayed through the site's web pages. The publishing infrastructure
can be enabled by activating features at both the site collection and site level.
- Activating the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure
- Publishing Infrastructure Basics
- Creating Pages with Page Layouts
Module 10: Configuring and Consuming Site Search Results
SharePoint 2019 comes out-of-the-box with search capabilities. With proper
configuration SharePoint search is scalable to content sources containing millions
- Search SharePoint for Content
- SharePoint Search Center