Learn about the AWS strategy and best practices for performing large-scale cloud migrations. Built from the experiences of helping hundreds of enterprise organizations move to the cloud, these proven techniques and tools will help accelerate your successful journey to the AWS Cloud.
• Level: Fundamental
• Duration: 1.5 hours
Key topics covered
During this event, you will learn:
• Describe the primary drivers for moving to the AWS Cloud
• Describe the migration process
• Explain the Migration Readiness Assessment
• Describe the Migration Readiness and Planning process
• Describe the common application migration strategies
• List AWS tools and services that can accelerate the migration process
This event is intended for:
• IT business decision makers
• Individuals who seek an overall understanding of migrating to the cloud
Recommended follow-up training and resources
We recommend that attendees of this event continue learning with these:
• Courses: Migrating to AWS
• Resources: AWS Ramp-Up Guide: Migration
Section 1: Migration overview
• Common migration drivers
• Potential barriers to cloud adoption
• Elements of a successful journey
• The migration process
• Stages of adoption
Section 2: Migration Readiness and Assessment (MRA)
• AWS Cloud Adoption Framework
• What is the MRA?
• Why do an MRA?
• When to do an MRA?
• How to do an MRA?
Section 3: Migration Readiness & Planning (MRP)
• When to do an MRP?
• Discovery & planning
• Picking a portfolio discovery tool
• Landing zone
• Center of excellence
• Migration business case
• Migration plan
• Migration expertise
• Operating model
• Security and compliance
• Shared responsibility model
Section 4: Lessons learned and suggested resources
• Business justification
• Migration strategies
• Typical project profile
• Suggested resources