Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 1000Mhz Pentium III
- 1GB RAM
- 2 GB free on the C drive.
- Ethernet or Token Ring card
- CD-ROM drive
- Network connectivity to the internet
Minimum Software Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4 / Windows XP
- Internet Explorer 6.0
- MyEclipse 5.5.1 GA *
- DB2 8.2 Personal Edition *
- WebSphere Application Server 6.1 *
- Perforce *
- Client component for Perforce *
* – indicates software provided by Web Age Solutions on CD.
Receive the Supporting Zip file by email from Web Age Solutions.
Receive the following CD from Web Age Solutions:
- WA1636 CD including:
- MyEclipse 5.5.1 GA (MyEclipse_5.5.1GA_E3.2.2_FullStackInstaller.exe)
- Perforce (perforce.exe)
- Client component for Perforce (p4vinst.exe)
- IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.1
- IBM DB2 8.2 Personal Edition
Install and setup the software in the following order (click the software title for installation instructions):
- Create a user called wasadmin with password wasadmin on the operating system, and grant this user administrative right. Students will login and perform all their lab work with this user.
- Log in as wasadmin.
- Copy the contents of all CDs to C:software.
- Click the link MyEclipse for installation instructions.
- Click the link Perforce for installation instructions.
- Click the link for IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.1 for installation instructions.
- Click the link for DB2 8.2 Personal Edition for installation instructions.
- Unzip the Supporting zip file to C:. This should create the C:LabFiles folder.