Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 1.5 Ghz Pentium 4 or better
- 1 GB Memory
- 6 GB disk space
- Ethernet or Token Ring card
- CD-ROM drive
- Network connectivity to the internet.
- Must have LAN connectivity.
Minimum Software Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4 / Windows XP SP2
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 (or higher)
- Internet Explorer 6.0
- WinZip 8.0 (or higher)
- Sun Java JDK v1.5 *
- JBoss v4.2.0 *
- MySQL v5.0.22 *
- MySQL JDBC Driver v3.1.13 *
- Apache v2.0.58 *
- Tomcat Connector v2.0.55 *
- JMeter Stress Testing Tool v2.1.1 *
- Log4j chainsaw v2 *
- JBoss Eclipse IDE v1.6.0 *
* – indicates software provided by Web Age Solutions on CD.
Receive the Supporting zip by email.
Receiving the following CD from Web Age.
- WA1617 Software CD including:
- Sun Java JDK v1.5
- JBoss v4.2.0
- MySQL v5.0.22
- MySQL JDBC Driver v3.1.13
- Apache v2.0.58
- Tomcat Connector v2.0.55
- JMeter Stress Testing Tool v2.1.1
- Log4j chainsaw v2
- JBoss Eclipse IDE v1.6.0
Perform the following steps to complete installation:
Uninstall Conflicting Software
Be sure the following software is not installed on the machines. Use the “Add or Remove Programs” feature of the Control Panel to check. If any of this software is installed, uninstall it, reboot the machine and manually delete the old installation directories.
- Any version of Java, Java JDK, or J2SE Runtime.
- Any version of MySQL.
- Any version of Apache HTTP server.
Microsoft IIS Web Server. To check or uninstall this use the “Add/Remove Windows Components” section of the normal “Add/Remove Programs” utility.
Student User for Labs
Provide a userid(s) for use by the students which has local administrative privileges on the machines that will be used. This is required as students will be installing applications and running server applications. If this requirement is an issue please contact the setup support person before the class to resolve this problem.
Extract Software from CD
1. Extract the contents of the “Software.zip” file on the CD directly to the C: drive of the computer. This will create a “C:Software” directory with all of the software required for the class.
2. The MySQL software must be located in the directory “C:SoftwareDownloadsMySQL”. Click the link <MySQL v5.0> for installation instructions.
3. The Apache software must be located in the directory “C:SoftwareDownloadsApache”. Click the link <Apache v2.0.58> for installation instructions.
4. The Java software must be located in the directory “C:SoftwareDownloadsJava”. Click the link <Java 1.5> for installation instructions.
5. The JBoss software must be located in the directory “C:SoftwareDownloadsJBoss”. Extract all files from jboss-4.2.0.GA.zip to C:Program Files. Verify that the directory C:Program Filesjboss-4.2.0.GA was created.
Unzip student lab files
Unzip the Supporting zip file in C:. This should create C:LabFiles.