Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 1000 Mhz Pentium III
- 1.5 GB RAM minimum (2 GB recommended)
- 10 GB in the hard disk
- Ethernet or Token Ring card
- CD-ROM drive
- Network connectivity to the internet
Minimum Software Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4 or Windows XP Professional SP2
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 (or higher)
- Internet Explorer 6.0
- WinZip 8.0 (or higher)
- DB2 V8.2 Express Edition *
- WebSphere Application Server v6.1 *
- WebSphere v6.1 Supplement *
- Rational Application Developer v7.0 *
- Agent Controller 7 for RAD V7.0 *
- Microsoft Web Application Stress Tool
* – indicates software provided by Web Age Solutions on CD.
Ghosting or Imaging Information
None of the software required by this class support imaging. All the software must be installed individually on each machine after the image has been replicated to that machine and its host name has been changed.
You can save time by copying the contents of the CDs to temporary folders on the hard drive and then imaging that hard drive. After restoring the image to the other computers and changing the host names, you can then install the software from the temporary folders individually.
Receive the Supporting Zip file by email from Web Age Solutions.
Receive the following CD’s from Web Age Solutions:
- IBM DB2 V8.2 Express Edition. (1 CD)
- WebSphere Application Server v6.1. (1 CD)
- WebSphere v6.1 Supplement. (1 CD)
- Rational Application Developer RAD V7.0 trial. (10 CD’s)
- Agent Controller 7 for RAD V7.0. (1 CD)
Install and setup the software in the following order (click the software title for installation instructions):
- Click the link IBM DB2 V8.2 Express Edition for installation.
WebSphere Application Server 6.1
- Click the link WebSphere Application Server 6.1 for installation instructions.
- Click the link RAD_7_with_AgentController_7 for installation instructions.
Microsoft Web Application Stress Tool
- Download Microsoft Web Application Stress Tool from https://www.webagesolutions.com/download/MSWebStressTool.exe.
- When prompted, enter access2 for both the user name and password and download the MSWebStressTool.exe file in the C:Software folder.
- After downloading the software, install it using the default installation options.
Supporting Zip file
- Unzip the Supporting zip file in C:. This should create C:LabFiles.