Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Pentium 4 1.4ghz or higher
- 2GB RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended.
- 10GB free hard disk space (preferably in C: drive).
- Network connectivity to the internet. Note: Some of the lab exercises require functioning Internet access.
Minimum Software Requirements
- Windows Server 2000 SP4, Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition. (Other versions of Windows are not supported)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0(can be downloaded at http://www.adobe.com)
- Winzip (can be downloaded at http://www.winzip.com)
- Internet browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc)
- IBM WebSphere Portal Server 6.0*
* indicates software provided by Web Age Solutions on CD.
Ghosting or Imaging Information
One or more of the programs installed for this class do not support ghosting. As a result, you can not install the software and then create an image.
To save time, install the OS on a machine. Copy the contents of all CD-ROMs used by this class (see details below) to the hard drive. Then create an image. After the image is replicated to another machine, change the host name and then install the software from the hard drive.
Receive the Supporting zip file by mail from Web Age Solutions.
Receive the following CD(s) from Web Age Solutions:
- IBM WebSphere Portal Server 6.0 (9 CD’s) including:
- W-Setup Portal 6
- W-1 Portal 6
- W-2 Portal 6
- W-3 Portal 6
- W-4 Portal 6
- W-5 Portal 6
- W-6 Portal 6
- W-7 Portal 6
- W-8 Portal 6
Install and setup the software in the following order (click the software title for installation instructions):
- Create a user called wasadmin with password wasadmin and grant this user administrative access.
- Copy the contents of the IBM WebSphere Portal Server 6.0 (9 CD’s) to C:Software (e.g. copying the contents of CD labelled W-Setup should create a folder called C:SoftwareW-Setup, W-1 should create a folder called C:softwareW-1, etc)
- Click the link Installing Portal 6 for installation instructions.
- Unzip the Supporting zip file to C:.