Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Pentium 4 – 1.4GHz or higher
- 2GB RAM minimum.
- 10GB free hard disk space (preferably in C: drive).
- Network connectivity to the internet. Note: Some of the lab exercises require functioning Internet access.
Minimum Software Requirements
- Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP2
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 (or higher)
- Winzip 8.0 (or higher)
- Internet Explorer 6, Firefox Mozilla 1.5 (or higher)
- WebSphere Process Server 6.0.2 (WPS v6.0.2) *
- WebSphere Integration Developer 6.0.2 (WID v6.0.2) *
- DB2 Universal Database Enterprise Server Edition 8.2 (DB2 UDB ESE v8.2) *
* – indicates software provided by Web Age Solutions on CD.
Ghosting or Imaging Information
None of the software required by this class support imaging. All the software must be installed individually on each machine after the image has been replicated to that machine and its host name has been changed.
You can save time by copying the contents of the CDs to temporary folders on the hard drive and then imaging that hard drive. After restoring the image to the other computers and changing the host names, you can then install the software from the temporary folders individually.
Receive the Supporting zip file by mail from Web Age Solutions.
Receive the following CD’s from Web Age Solutions including:
- WebSphere Process Server v6.0.2 (2 cd’s)
- WID 6.0.2 (6 cd’s)
- DB2 UDB ESE v8.2 (1 cd)
Install and setup the software in the following order (click the software title for installation instructions):
- Create a user named wasadmin with password wasadmin. Add this user to the Administrators group. Login as wasadmin for the remainder of the setup.
- Click the link DB2 Universal Database Enterprise Server Edition 8.2 (DB2 UDB ESE) for installation instructions.
- Click the link WebSphere Integration Developer 6.0.2 (WID) for installation instructions.
- Copy the contents of the two WebSphere Process Server v6.0.2 CD’s to C:SoftwareWPSv602.
- Unzip the Supporting zip file in C:. This should create C:LabFiles.