Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 or better
- 1.5 GB RAM minimum
- 10 GB disk space
- Ethernet or Token Ring card
- CD-ROM drive
- Network connectivity to the internet
- Must have LAN connectivity. Note: Each machine in the LAN must have a unique host name.
Minimum Software Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 (or higher)
- Internet Explorer 6.0
- WinZip 8.0 (or higher)
- IBM Tivoli Directory Server 6.0*
- Rational Application Developer v6 (RAD 6)*
- IBM HTTP Server v6 and the HTTP Server plugins*
* – indicates software provided by Web Age Solutions on CD.
Ghosting or Imaging Information
None of the software required by this class support imaging. All the software must be installed individually on each machine after the image has been replicated to that machine and its host name has been changed.
You can save time by copying the contents of the CDs to temporary folders on the hard drive and then imaging that hard drive. After restoring the image to the other computers and changing the host names, you can then install the software from the temporary folders individually.
Receive the Supporting zip file by mail from Web Age Solutions.
Receive the following CD’s from Web Age Solutions:
- Rational Application Developer v6 ( RAD v184.108.40.206 + Agent Controller ) – 4 CD’s
- IBM Tivoli Directory Server 6.0 – 1 CD
- WebSphere Application Server v6.0 (includes IBM HTTP Server v6 and the HTTP Server plugins) – 1 CD
NOTE: Do not install WebSphere Application Server. Just install what is indicated below.
Install and setup the software in the following order (click the software title for installation instructions) :
- Click the link Rational Application Developer v6 for installation instructions.
- Click the link IBM Tivoli Directory Server v6 for installation instructions.
- Click the link IBM HTTP Server v6 for installation instructions.
- Click the link IBM HTTP Server plugin for installation instructions.
- Unzip the file student lab files (WA1523-REL_x_x-Supporting.zip) to C: This will create a C:LabFiles folder