Minimum Hardware Requirements
650 Mhz Pentium III
- 512 MB RAM minimum, 1 GB recommended
- 8 GB in the hard disk
- Network connection (Ethernet or token ring card)
- Connection to the Internet
Minimum Software Requirements
Microsoft Windows 2000
- Internet Explorer 6.0
- WinZip 8.0 or higher
- JDK 5.0 Update 3 *
- Jakarta Tomcat 5.5.9 *
- HSQLDB 126.96.36.199 *
- Eclipse SDK 3.1.2 *
* – indicates software provided by Web Age Solutions on CD.
Recommended Additional Software
- Mozilla Firefox 1.5 or higher
Note: The drive with the installation files will be referred to as drive E:, please substitute this drive letter with the appropriate CD or network drive letter.
Receive the supporting zip file by email from Web Age Solutions.
Receive the following CD from Web Age Solutions:
- WA1479 CD including:
- JDK 5.0 Update 3
- Jakarta Tomcat 5.5.9
- HSQLDB 188.8.131.52
- Eclipse SDK 3.1.2
Install and setup the software in the following order:
1. Extract the supporting zip file to c:. This will create c:LabFiles.
2. Install JDK:
2.1 Run E:jdk-1_5_0_03-windows-i586-p.exe and install the JDK (accept all defaults).
2.2 Add a system environment variable called JAVA_HOME and set it to “C:Program FilesJavajdk1.5.0_03” (without the quotes).
3. Extract the contents of E:jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9.zip to C:. This will create c:jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9.
4. Extract the contents of E:hsqldb_1_7_3_3.zip to C:. This will create c:hsqldb.
5. Click the link Install Eclipse SDK 3.1.2 for installation instructions.