Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 866Mhz Pentium III
- 1GB RAM minimum 1.5GB recommended.
- 15 GB free on the C drive.
- Ethernet or Token Ring card
- CD-ROM drive
- Network connectivity to the internet
Minimum Software Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0
- Netscape 4.7 / Internet Explorer 5.0 (or higher)
- IBM Rational Application Developer (RAD) 6 (4 CDs)*
- IBM WebSphere Portal Server 5.1 (6 CDs)*
- RAD6 Interim Fixpack (2 CDs)*
* – indicates software provided by Web Age Solutions on CD.
Ghosting or Imaging Information
None of the software required by this class support imaging. All the software must be installed individually on each machine after the image has been replicated to that machine and its host name has been changed.
You can save time by copying the contents of the CDs to temporary folders on the hard drive and then imaging that hard drive. After restoring the image to the other computers and changing the host names, you can then install the software from the temporary folders individually.
Receive the Supporting zip file by mail from Web Age Solutions.
Receive the following CD(s) from Web Age Solutions:
- IBM Rational Application Developer (RAD) 6 (4 CDs)
- IBM WebSphere Portal Server 5.1 (6 CDs)
- RAD6 Interim Fixpack (2 CDs)
Install and setup the software in the following order (click the software title for installation instructions) :
- Click the link RAD6 Installation for installation.
- Click the link WebSphere Portal Server v5.1 Runtime Installation for installation.
- Click the link RAD 220.127.116.11 Interim Fixpack for installation.
- Unzip the lab folder in the WA1371-REL_*_*-Supporting.zip file into C: (This will create the C:LabFiles folder)