Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 800Mhz Pentium
- 1 GB Memory
- 8 GB disk space
- Ethernet or Token Ring card
- Network connectivity to the internet
- CD-ROM drive
Minimum Software Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4 or Windows XP Professional SP2
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 (or higher)
- Netscape 7 (or higher) / Internet Explorer 6.0 (or higher)
- WinZip 8.0 (or higher)
- IBM DB2 V8.2 Express Edition*
- IBM WebSphere Application Server v6.0 (WAS 6)*
- Rational Application Developer v6 (RAD 6)*
- Microsoft Web Application Stress Tool
* – indicates software provided by Web Age Solutions on CD.
Ghosting or Imaging Information
None of the software required by this class support imaging. All the software must be installed individually on each machine after the image has been replicated to that machine and its host name has been changed.
You can save time by copying the contents of the CDs to temporary folders on the hard drive and then imaging that hard drive. After restoring the image to the other computers and changing the host names, you can then install the software from the temporary folders individually.
Note: The drive with the installation files may be referred to as drive X. Please substitute this drive letter with the appropriate CD or network drive letter.
Receive the Supporting Zip file by email from Web Age Solutions.
Receive the following CD(s) from Web Age Solutions:
- IBM DB2 V8.2 Express Edition
- IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.0 (WAS 6)
- Rational Application Developer v6 ( RAD v184.108.40.206 + Agent Controller ) – 4CD’s
Click the link for the setup checklist and print a copy to use during the rest of the installation steps. At the end of the setup this checklist will verify the proper setup.
Install and setup the software in the following order (click the software title for installation instructions):
- Click the link IBM DB2 V8.2 Express Edition for installation.
- Copy the WebSphere Application Server v6.0 CD directly to the hard drive.
The directory <local hard drive>:WAS V6 should be created with three subfolders; IHS, WAS V6, and WEB SERVER PLUGIN.
- Click the link IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.0 for installation instructions.
- Click the link Rational Application Developer v6 for installation instructions.
- Download Microsoft Web Application Stress Tool from https://www.webagesolutions.com/download/MSWebStressTool.exe. When prompted, enter access2 for both the user name and password and choose a directory to download the software. After downloading the software, install it using the default installation options.
- Download the latest version of HeapDiff from https://www.webagesolutions.com/publicdownload/heapdiff/HeapDiff.exe and save heapdiff.exe to the C: drive.
- Unzip the file WA1359-REL_*_*-Supporting.zip to drive C: or the local hard drive. This will create a LabFiles directory on the drive.