Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 800Mhz Pentium
- 768 MB Memory (1 GB recommended)
- 8 GB disk space Ethernet or Token Ring card
- CD-ROM drive
- Network connectivity to the internet Must have LAN connectivity. Note: Each machine in the LAN must have a unique host name (and preferably a static IP address).
Minimum Software Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4 or Windows XP Professional SP2
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 (or higher)
- Netscape 7 (or higher) / Internet Explorer 6.0 (or higher)
- WinZip 8.0 (or higher)
- IBM DB2 V8.2 Express Edition*
- IBM WebSphere Application Server v6.0*
- IBM WebSphere Network Deployment v6.0*
- WebSphere MQ V6.0*
- IBM Application Server Toolkit (AST) v6.0*
* – indicates software provided by Web Age Solutions on CD.
# – indicates software that Web Age Solutions is not permitted to distribute.
Ghosting or Imaging Information
One or more of the programs installed for this class do not support ghosting. As a result, you can not install the software and then create an image.
To save time, install the OS on a machine. Copy the contents of all CD-ROMs used by this class (see details below) to the hard drive. Then create an image. After the image is replicated to another machine, change the host name and then install the software from the hard drive.
Note: The drive with the installation files will be referred to as drive X: , please substitute this drive letter with the appropriate CD or network drive letter.
Receive the following CD(s) from Web Age Solutions:
- IBM DB2 V8.2 Express Edition
- WebSphere Application Server v6.0
- WebSphere Network Deployment v6.0
- WebSphere MQ V6.0
- Application Server Toolkit (AST) V6.0
Click the link for the setup checklist and print a copy to use during the rest of the installation steps. At the end of the setup this checklist will verify the proper setup.
Install and setup the software in the following order (click the software title for installation instructions) :
- Click the link IBM DB2 V8.2 Express Edition for installation.
- Copy the WebSphere Application Server v6.0 CD directly to the hard drive or a network drive the students can access. The directory <local hard drive>:WAS V6 should be created with three subfolders; IHS, WAS V6, and WEB SERVER PLUGIN. Inform the instructor or students of the locations of all the files.
- If the corporation has licenses for WebSphere Network Deployment then copy the contents of the WebSphere Network Deployment CD to a network drive or local hard drive. This will create the directory <local hard drive>:WAS ND V6. If the corporation does not have licenses for WebSphere Network Deployment give the CD to the instructor.
- Click the link WebSphere MQ V6.0 Setup Guide for installation.
- Click the link Application Server Toolkit V6 Setup Guide for installation.
- Unzip the file WA1352-REL_*_*-Supporting.zip to drive C: or the local hard drive. This will create a LabFiles directory on the drive.