Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Pentium 4 1.3 or above
- 1GB minimum, 1.5GB recommended.
- 10GB free hard disk space (preferably in C: drive).
- CD-ROM drive
- Network connectivity to the internet. Note: Some of the lab exercises require functioning Internet access.
Minimum Software Requirements
- Windows 2000 SP4, Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition. (Other versions of Windows are not supported)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0(can be downloaded at http://www.adobe.com)
- Winzip (can be downloaded at http://www.winzip.com)
- Netscape 4.7 / Internet Explorer 5.0 (or higher)
- DB2 UDB 8.1*
- DB2 UDB Fixpack 6*
- IBM Tivoli Directory Server 5.2*
- WebSphere Portal Server Enable 5.1 *
- LabFiles.zip (You will receive this through email.)
* – indicates software provided by Web Age Solutions on CD.
Note: The drive with the installation files will be referred to as drive X: , please substitute this drive letter with the appropriate CD or network drive letter.
Install and setup the software in the following order (click the software title for installation instructions) :
- Unzip the LabFiles.zip to your local hard drive.
- Click the link IBM DB2 V8.1 Enterprise Edition for installation.
- Click the link IBM DB2 V8.1 Fixpack 6 for installation.
- Click the link IBM Tivoli Directory Server 5.2 for installation.
- Copy the following WebSphere Portal Server Enable 5.1 CD images to the hard drive:
- Copy the Setup CD to C:SoftwareImage
- Copy the CD #1-1 to C:SoftwareImage
- Copy the CD #4-1 to C:SoftwareImage
- Copy the CD #5-1 to C:SoftwareImage
- Copy the CD #5-3 to C:SoftwareImage