Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 1000Mhz Pentium III
- 1GB MB RAM minimum
- 6 GB
- Ethernet or Token Ring card
- CD-ROM drive
- Network connectivity to the internet
Minimum Software Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP3
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 (or higher)
- Netscape 4.7 or Internet Explorer 5.0 (or higher)
- WinZip 8.0 (or higher)
- IBM DB2 V8.1 Enterprise Server Edition *
- IBM WebSphere Application Server v6 (WAS 6)*
- Rational Application Developer v6 (RAD 6)*
- WebSphere MQ V6.0 for Windows NT and Windows 2000 (60 day evaluation): CD labeled WebSphere MQSeriesV6.0*
* – indicates software provided by Web Age Solutions on CD.
Ghosting or Imaging Information
Not all of the software required by this class support imaging. Only DB2 v8.1 supports ghosting (see the special instruction in the installation document). All the other software must be installed individually on each machine after the image has been replicated to that machine and its host name has been changed.
You can save time by copying the contents of the CDs to temporary folders on the hard drive and then imaging that hard drive. After restoring the image to the other computers and changing the host names, you can then install the software from the temporary folders individually.
Receive the Supporting zip file by mail from Web Age Solutions.
Receive the following CDs from Web Age Solutions:
- DB2 V8.1 Enterprise Server Edition
- IBM WebSphere Application Server v6 ( WAS 6)
- Rational Application Developer v6 ( RAD v188.8.131.52 + Agent Controller ) – 4CD’s
- WebSphere MQ v6
Install and setup the software in the following order (click the software title for installation instructions) :
- Click the link IBM DB2 V8.1 Enterprise Server Edition for installation.
- Click the link IBM WebSphere Application Server v6 for installation.
- Click the link Rational Application Developer v6 for installation.
- Click the link WebSphere MQ V6 Setup Guide for installation.
- Unzip the lab folder in the WA1283-REL_*_*-Supporting.zip file into C: (This will create the C:LabFiles folder)