Minimum Hardware Requirements
650 Mhz Pentium III
- 384 MB RAM minimum, 512 MB recommended
- 8 GB
- Network connection (Ethernet or token ring card)
- CD-ROM drive
- Connection to the Internet
Minimum Software Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Adobe Acrobat Reader V6.0
- Netscape 4.7 or IE 5.0
- IBM DB2 UDB V8.1 Personal Developer Edition*
- J2SDK V 1.4.2 or higher.
- JBoss-3.2.3.Zip Application Server with tomcat bundle.
- WinZip 8.0 or higher
* – indicates software provided by Web Age Solutions on CD.
Note: The drive with the installation files will be referred to as drive X:, please substitute this drive letter with the appropriate CD or network drive letter.
Receive the supporting zip file by email from Web Age Solutions.
Receive the following CD from Web Age Solutions:
- DB2 V8.1 PDE
Install and setup the software in the following order:
- Download J2SE v 1.4.2_04 SDK from the link www.webagesolutions.com/download/j2sdk-1_4_2_04-windows-i586-p.exe using the username and password access2 to your local hard drive.
- Follow the installation and setup instructions as mentioned at the link www.webagesolutions.com/install/J2SEV1.4.2_04.rtf.
- Download Jboss-AS- Tomcat-bundle from the link www.webagesolutions.com/download/jboss-3.2.3.zip using the username and password access2 to your local hard drive.
- Extract the contents of the jboss-3.2.3. zip file to the local hard drive to its default directory. The contents will be extracted to c: jboss-3.2.3.
- Click the link IBM DB2 V8.1 Personal Developer Edition for installation.
- Make sure you do the lab as the wasadmin user which is created during the DB2 Setup
- Download Eclipse SDK from here to your local hard drive.
- Extract the contents of the eclipse-SDK-3.0-win32.zip file to the local hard drive to its default directory. The content will be extracted to c:eclipse.
- Download the JBoss-IDE from www.webagesolutions.com/download/org.jboss.ide.eclipse_1.3.30.bin.dist.zip using the username and password access2. Extract the files to c:org.jboss.ide.eclipse_1.3.30.
- To install JBoss-IDE 1.3.30, continue reading Installing JBoss IDE plugin for Eclipse