Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 500Mhz Pentium
- 512 MB RAM minimum, 768 MB recommended
- 6 GB disk space
- Ethernet or Token Ring card
- CD-ROM drive
- Network connectivity to the internet
- Must have LAN connectivity
Minimum Software Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4. (Important: Windows 2003 or Windows XP are not supported).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 (or higher)
- Netscape 7 (or higher) / Internet Explorer 6.0 (or higher)
- WinZip 8.0 (or higher)
- IBM DB2 V8.1 Enterprise Edition *
- IBM WebSphere Application Server v5.1 *
- IBM ASTK V5.1 *
- WebSphere MQ V6 for Windows NT and Windows 2000 *
- IBM WebSphere Deployment Manager v5.1#
* – indicates software provided by Web Age Solutions on CD. # – indicates software that Web Age Solutions is not permitted to distribute.
Note: The drive with the installation files will be referred to as drive X: , please substitute this drive letter with the appropriate CD or network drive letter.
Receive the following CD(s) from Web Age Solutions:
- DB2 V8.1 Enterprise Edition
- ASTK V5.1
- Websphere V5.1
- WebSphere Deployment Manager V5.1 (Do not install. Please pass the CD to the instructor prior to the class)
- WebSphere MQ V6.0 for Windows NT and Windows 2000 (60 day evaluation)
Setup instructionsInstall and setup the software in the following order (click the software title for installation instructions) :
- Click the link IBM DB2 V8.1 Enterprise Edition for installation.
- Copy the WebSphere V5.1 CD to the directory <local hard drive>:WebSphereV5.1Software or a network drive the students can access.
- Copy the ASTK V5.1 CD to the directory <local hard drive>:ASTKV5.1Software or a network drive the students can access.
- The instructor should copy the contents of the Network Deployment CD to his or her <local hard drive>:NDV5.1Software. If the corportaion has licenses then copy the contents of the CD to a network drive or local hard drive to a directory called NDV5.1Software.
- Download Microsoft Web Application Stress Tool from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=e2c0585a-062a-439e-a67d-75a89aa36495&displaylang=en and install it.
- Click the link WebSphere MQ V6 Setup Guide for installation.
- Unzip the file Lab Files.zip to drive C: or the local hard drive.