Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 200 MHz Pentium CPU
- 128MB RAM
- 2GB hard disk space
- Video 1024×768 resolution, 256 color, 70Hz refresh
- Monitor 17″ 1024 x 768 resolution at 70MHz
- Ethernet network card
Minimum Software Requirements
- Instructor machine
- Sun Solaris 7 x86 or Red Hat Linux 7.2
- Acrobat Reader for Sun Solaris
- Student machine
- Windows 95, or Sun Solaris 7 x86, or Red Hat Linux 7.2
Receive the supporting file by email from Web Age Solutions.
Setup the instructor machine in the following order (click the link for installation instructions):
1. Install Sun Solaris or Red Hat Linux
2. As a root, create the directory /wa1011, copy the supporting file WA1011-REL_*_*-Supporting.zip in there, uncompress and “untar” the supporting file:
# cd /wa1011
# uncompress inside WA1011-REL_*_*-Supporting.zip
#Untar waitufiles.tar inside the supporting.zip: tar -xvf waitufiles.tar
Create one account, such as student1, student2 and etc., for each student and copy the lab files to their respective home directories /export/home/student1 – studentX.
Make sure you can telnet from student machine to instructor one.