Enterprise Architecture Training in Ottawa Can Get You Ahead!
Looking for an Enterprise Architecture course in Ottawa? Here’s some insight to get you started!
When you think of architecture in Ottawa, you probably think of gothic revival buildings on Parliament Hill or the Aberdeen Pavilion in Lansdowne Park, but there are many examples of prominent architects in Canada’s federal capital. But that’s not the only kind of architecture to admire in Ottawa. As a global leader in telecommunications technology, it’s no doubt that Enterprise Architecture has had a lot of attention in Canada’s capital city locals call “Capcity”.
According to MoneySense magazine, Ottawa is the best city in Canada to live and work for two years running and is considered a major tech hub in Canada. Now more than ever, the Ottawa tech industry demands that virtually every company applies architectural best practices. Skilled tech workers with Enterprise Architecture training are key players on any IT team, assisting with developing business, technical, and functional processes and requirements. Enterprise architects are responsible for defining processes for technical platforms, system specifications, and technical and business compatibility with the end goal of a cost-effective, flexible solution.
Web Age Enterprise Architecture classes are taught at locations throughout the Ottawa area and other Ontario venues, delivered in traditional classroom courses, live virtual courses, and online video training.
What is Enterprise Architecture? Should I attend Ottawa Enterprise Architecture classes?
With the current push towards digital transformation and cloud-based solutions, good Enterprise Architecture is now more essential than ever. Enterprise Architecture is essentially blueprinting all the technical infrastructure and business processes required to support an organization. A good Enterprise Architect views the big picture and focuses on both IT AND business, often referred to as “Business Outcome driven EA“.
Gartner, the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company, outlines five key Enterprise Architecture deliverables:
- Measurable Deliverables – measure EAs direct impact on a business.
- Actionable Deliverables – drive change in relation to business outcomes.
- Diagnostic Deliverables – analytic tools used to help determine the effects of business decisions.
- Enabling Deliverables – collected information (i.e. from performance metrics) that enable diagnostic deliverables.
- Operational Deliverables – internal deliverables focused on the EA teams to help define where the team is now and how to move forward.
Enterprise Architecture Events in Ottawa
- iTech (Ottawa, ON)
- Gartner CIO & IT Executive Summit (Toronto, ON)
- OWASP Kanata (Kanata, ON)
- Accelerate OTT (Ottawa, ON)
- TEDx Kanata (Kanata, ON)
- SaaS North (Ottawa, ON)
Enterprise Architecture Course Listings
Web Age Solution’s Enterprise Architecture Training covers both the fundamentals and popular frameworks such as Zachman, The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF®), Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Ministry of Defense Architecture Framework (MODAF), and TRAK.
- WA2332 Integrating Enterprise Architecture (EA) and Solution Architecture (SA)
- WA2337 Integrating Solution Architecture (SA)
- TP1917 Management Skills for Architects
- WA1961 Architecture Foundation Workshop
- WA2339 Architecture Techniques
- WA2343 Fundamentals of Architectural Thinking
- WA2333 Management Quick Start
- WA2334 EA Getting Started
- WA2322 Enterprise Architecture Practitioner’s Guide (Extended)
- WA2323 Enterprise Architecture Practitioner’s Guide
- WA2336 Reference Architectures and Roadmaps
- WA2340 Establishing an Architecture Baseline
- WA2470 Implementing Agile Architecture
- WA2469 Introduction to Agile Architecture
- WA1814 TOGAF® 9 Foundation (Level 1)
- WA1815 TOGAF® 9 Training Course (Level 1 and 2)
- WA2309 Architecture Exam Prep Preview
- WA2325 Solution Architecture Practitioner’s Guide (Extended)
- WA2326 Solution Architecture Practitioner’s Guide
- WA2303 Business Architecture Domain Deep Dive Workshop
- WA1280 Architecting and Designing Java EE 6 Applications
- WA1811 Introduction to Solution and Software Architecture
- WA2233 Enterprise Integration Patterns and Solutions for Architects
- WA2137 Business Architecture Foundation Workshop
- WA2399 Enterprise Architect Fundamentals
- WA2400 Sparx Enterprise Architect for Business Analysts Syllabus
Get A Quote
Contact us to see how we can provide onsite customized training in Ottawa for your team.
100 Gloucester Street, Suite 300
Canada K2P 0A4
Toll Free: 1-877-812-8887