Agile Training in Ottawa Can Get You Ahead!
Looking for an Agile course in Ottawa? Here’s some insight to get you started!
Ottawa is Canada’s federal capital. With a metropolitan population of just over 1 million people, it’s the fourth-largest city in Canada. The Canadian magazine, MoneySense has rated Ottawa as Canada’s best place to live for two consecutive years. It has a reputation for being quiet, reserved, family oriented, laid back, into sports and boasts the world’s largest ice-skating rink in winter – the Rideau Canal. Where else can you skate to work?
With over one hundred thousand Federal Government employees, most people view Ottawa as a government town, but it’s also one of the most respected tech hubs in Canada. The city employs around 70,000 people in the tech sector, led by companies like Shopify, IBM, and QNX. With the highest concentration of scientists, engineers, and PhDs in Canada, Ottawa is a great place for tech start-ups or well-established business because of its pool of qualified candidates.
Now more than ever, it’s important to stay on top of technology trends such as Agile methodologies to ensure you aren’t left behind. Web Age works directly with many Ottawa IT employers, and those who have completed Agile courses already will certainly have the competitive edge over those who have not.
Web Age Agile classes are taught at locations throughout the Ottawa area, delivered in traditional classroom style format. Online Agile Training is also available in a synchronous instructor led format.
What is Agile? Should I attend Ottawa Agile classes?
Agile is a set of processes used primarily by software development teams. In contrast to the commonly used “Waterfall” process where a finished product is delivered all at once, Agile breaks the project up into small time-boxed chunks called iterations. The product produced at the end of each iteration is tested and reviewed by the project team and stakeholders. This continuous feedback cycle allows teams to more easily accommodate changes to priorities and requirements as required. Testing early and often lowers risk and results in higher quality software that better meets stakeholders needs.
The Agile Manifesto, developed in 2001, defines the four Agile software development values:
- Individuals and Interactions over processes and tools
- Working Software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer Collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to Change over following a plan
Popular agile software development frameworks include SCRUM, Kanban, Feature-Driven Development (FDD), Agile unified process (AUP), and the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®).
Agile Events in Ottawa
- Gatineau Ottawa Agile Tour (Ottawa, ON)
- Agile Ottawa Meetup Group (Ottawa, ON)
- Accelerate OTT (Ottawa, ON)
- TEDx Kanata (Kanata, ON)
- SaaS North (Ottawa, ON)
Agile Course Listings
- TP2658 Agile Engineering and Quality
- TP2690 Architecture for Agile Software Projects: The How-To-Guide Workshop
- TP2618 Powered Agile Scrum
- TP2617 SAFe 4.0 Product Manager / Product Owner Workshop (PMPO)
- TP2616 SAFe 4.0 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
- TP2615 SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master (SSM)
- TP2614 SAFe 4.0 for Teams (SP)
- TP2613 Implementing SAFe 4.0 with SPC Certification (SPC)
- TP2612 Leading SAFe 4.0
- TP2576 Leading Agile Teams
- TP2575 Agile Estimating and Planning
- TP2574 Certified Product Owner
- TP2573 Agile for Managers
- TP2513 Real World Agile Project Management using JIRA Software
- TP2492 From Product Ideas to the Ideal Product
- WA2470 The Agile Solution Architecture Program
- WA2469 Introduction to Agile Architecture
- WA2136 Agile Testing & Quality Management
- WA2132 Scrum Master Certification
- WA2131 Agile for Product Owners Workshop
- WA2130 Agile Business Leadership
- TP2077 Agile Portfolio Management
- WA2076 Agile Project Management
- WA2074 Agile Engineering Best Practices
- WA2073 Agile Testing
- TP2072 Agile Overview for Executives and Leaders
- TP1984 Real World Agile
- WA1771 Overview of Agile for Product Owners
Contact us to see how we can provide onsite customized training in Ottawa for your team.
100 Gloucester Street, Suite 300
Canada K2P 0A4
Toll Free: 1-877-812-8887