DevOps Cultural alignment
Leading the Charge
• Make the case for DevOps
• Show benefits across roles and teams
• Start small build on success
Making the Case for DevOps
• Lead with answers to “why” and “why now”
• Be convincing by using stories and data
• “research shows high performance DevOps teams”…
• Deploy 30 times more often
• Have lead times 200 times shorter
• Have 60 times fewer failures
• Pick stories and data relevant to your organization
WA2593 DevOps for Leaders
This two-day DevOps workshop is loaded with practical real-world information. From the foremost agile development training company, comes a course to move the dial on your organizations’ DevOps journey. You will leave this course loaded with knowledge on the available people, processes, culture, and tools for DevOps, ready to select what’s right for your company and to roadmap the journey for your organization. The class provides two DevOps implementation case studies, a 30-60-90 roadmap to implementing DevOps in your organization, DevOps organizational maturity assessment, as well as, patterns and best practices to enable you to confidently lead a DevOps implementation. This class demystifies the fundamental shift from focusing only on the tools or scripting to using DevOps for measurably higher performance from organizations of all sizes for solving business problems in a timely manner.
Kubernetes – From the Firehose
What is Kubernetes?
• Kubernetes is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications
• It groups containers that make up an application into logical units for easy management and discovery.
• Designed on the same principles that allows Google to run billions of containers a week, Kubernetes can scale without increasing your ops team.
• Whether testing locally or running a global enterprise, Kubernetes flexibility grows with you to deliver your applications consistently and easily no matter how complex your need is
• Kubernetes is open source giving you the freedom to take advantage of on-premises, hybrid, or public cloud infrastructure, letting you effortlessly move workloads to where it matters to you.
• Kubernetes can be deployed on a bare-metal cluster (real machines) or on a cluster of virtual machines.
WA2675 Architecting Microservices with Kubernetes, Docker, and Continuous Integration
This two-day DevOps training class is loaded with practical real-world information. From the foremost Service-Oriented-Architecture/DevOps/Agile development training company, comes a course to move the dial on your organizations’ journey with this workshop. You will leave this course loaded with knowledge on the usage of this stack for Microservices. This class combines instructor-led and hands-on lab exercises.
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
• Confidently use the stack outlined in the course.
• Understand the various key components.
• Apply the knowledge to migrate applications to microservice architected solutions on Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins with OpenShift
• Understand the various components in an OpenShift environment for CI/CD
Continuous Delivery and the Jenkins Pipeline
• CD extends CI into deployment and operations
• Agile/XP speeds up the development process
• Include the Customer or Voice of the Customer
• Ensure releasable artifact after every iteration
• Nonetheless, Agile/XP releases fit into the standard Software Development Life Cycle
• A release engineering and deployment process follows the development process.
• Reflects traditional split between development and operations
WA2271 Jenkins Training: Continuous Integration with Jenkins
This course provides training on the Jenkins Continuous Integration system. Students will install Jenkins on a Windows machine, create Jenkins jobs, setup Jenkins user-authentication, and explore commonly-used Jenkins plugins.
In this training, attendees will learn how to:
• Install and configure Jenkins in a servlet container
• Create Jenkins builds
• Configure and use Apache Ant and Apache Maven with Jenkins
• Use Jenkins to generate Java coding standards reports, code coverage reports, and change notices