DevOps Newsletter – April 2019
Azure DevOps Certification Learning Path
Associated Microsoft Azure DevOps Certification
DevOps certification is a formalized testing program intended to ensure that applicants have achieved an appropriate level of skills and knowledge for working in the converged areas of software development and IT operations.
Click here for details on the Certification for an Azure DevOps Engineer Expert and then see our Azure DevOps Training course listings above, to help you to choose the DevOps course for your needs!
AZ-400T00 (Bundle) Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions
This course provides the knowledge and skills to implement DevOps processes. Students will learn how to use source control, scale Git for an enterprise, and implement and manage build infrastructure
DevOps Cultural Alignment & Workforce Strategy
Lesson Coverage & Key Objectives:
• Leading the Charge
• Core Values and Mission
• Value Stream Mapping
• Behavioral Patterns
• Cultural Assessment
• Organizational Maturity
• Education Roadmap
• DevOps Org Structures
WA2593 DevOps for Managers & Leaders
This two-day DevOps workshop is loaded with practical real-world information. From the foremost agile development training company, comes a course to move the dial on your organizations’ DevOps journey. You will leave this course loaded with knowledge on the available people, processes, culture, and tools for DevOps, ready to select what’s right for your company and to roadmap the journey for your organization. The class provides two DevOps implementation case studies, a 30-60-90 roadmap to implementing DevOps in your organization, DevOps organizational maturity assessment, as well as, patterns and best practices to enable you to confidently lead a DevOps implementation. This class demystifies the fundamental shift from focusing only on the tools or scripting to using DevOps for measurably higher performance from organizations of all sizes for solving business problems in a timely manner.
Kubernetes – From the Firehose
What is Kubernetes?
• Kubernetes is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
• It groups containers that make up an application into logical units for easy management and discovery.
• Designed on the same principles that allows Google to run billions of containers a week, Kubernetes can scale without increasing your ops team.
• Whether testing locally or running a global enterprise, Kubernetes flexibility grows with you to deliver your applications consistently and easily no matter how complex your need is.
• Kubernetes is open source giving you the freedom to take advantage of on-premises, hybrid, or public cloud infrastructure, letting you effortlessly move workloads to where it matters to you.
• Kubernetes can be deployed on a bare-metal cluster (real machines) or on a cluster of virtual machines.
TP2857 DevOps101: Modern DevOps Using Docker and Kubernetes
Containers are one of the most powerful tools that have emerged for developing and managing software. When combined with DevOps and Cloud Native practices, it is possible for organizations to efficiently delivery applications and services at high velocity. This training course introduces containers and two of the most popular tools for their management and orchestration: Docker and Kubernetes.
Students will gain a foundation of the Docker and Kubernetes technologies. They will be introduced to the core components of both Docker and Kubernetes as they apply to both development and production/staging environments. Topics covered include: containers, tools for local management, pods, labels, volumes, networking, replication controllers, services, and stateful sets. Students will get hands-on experience with how the technologies can be used to deliver software according to DevOps practices.
At the end of the course, participants and teams will understand how to build secure, robust, highly available services that are resilient and able to adapt to rigorous application demands.