Outline for EKS 2 Day Hands On Workshop for EKS Beginners
Using your AWS account, you will go through the following:
In this workshop we will cover in order the following:
- Setting up a K8s client environment on AWS’ Cloud9 IDE including ssh keys, secret/access keys, kubectl, and eksctl setup.
- Learn how to automatically launch EKS kubernetes clusters using eksctl.
- Deploy the Kubernetes Dashboard and some sample microservices using an AWS elastic Load Balancer.
- Deploy Helm v3 and explore how to add Chart Repositories to your Helm setup
- Test auto scaling applications
- Learn Role Based Access Control and how to create IAM roles for service accounts
- Learn how to secure your EKS cluster for Production use with Network Policies
- Practice assigning Pods to specific nodes and how to set affinity
- Setup the addition of Spot instances to your on-demand EKS cluster setup
- Learn how to create Stateful Sets
- Deploy the Fargate Launch Type (previous use was EC2 launch type)
- Encrypt and Manage Secrets with both AWS Key Management System and Keymaps