- Splunk components
- Data sources
- Data visualizations
Data Engineers, Business Analysts, IT Architects, and Technical Managers
Participants should have the general knowledge of programming using SQL as well as some experience working in UNIX environments (e.g. running shell commands, etc.)
Outline for Operational Data Analytics with Splunk Training
Chapter 1. Splunk Introduction
- Splunk Defined
- Splunk Products
- The Magic Quadrant for Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Splunk Editions
- Deployment Options
- Common Components
- Splunk Admin Dashboard (Web UI)
- Data Indexing
- Distributed Splunk Indexing and Searching
- Architecture for a Multi-Tier Splunk Enterprise Deployment
Chapter 2. Splunk Data Sources
- Data Source Types
- The Source Types Automatically Recognized by Splunk
- The "Pre-trained" Source Types
- Windows ® Data Sources
- Data Indexing
- Web UI for Adding Data to Indexer
- Web UI: Adding Data Flow for Local File Upload
- Web UI: Add Data for Monitoring
- Automatic Recognition of Data Source
- Where is My Uploaded File?
- Custom Event Format
Chapter 3. Searching and Reporting with Splunk
- Data Searching
- Search Processing Language (SPL)
- Searching and Reporting Activities
- The Search Page
- Core Search Concepts
- Search Command Auto-Completion
- The Search Basics
- Search Command Categories
- Command Examples
- More Examples of Search Commands
- Statistical Commands
- Statistical and Time Functions
- From SQL to SPL - the Translation Table
- Visual Aids for Building Search Queries
- Save Your Searches as Dashboards
- The Delete Operation
- How Do I Delete My Data?
Chapter 4. Splunk Forwarders
- Flavors of Splunk Forwarders
- Forwarder Comparison Table (Abridged)
- The Splunk Forwarder Diagram
- Splunk Universal Forwarder (UF) Supported OSes
- UF Functions
- What UF Cannot Do
Lab 1. Learning the Lab Environment
Lab 2. Local File Upload
Lab 3. Local File Upload Project
Lab 4. TCP Port Real-time Monitoring
Lab 5. Using Search and Reporting App
Lab 6. Querying for Insights
Lab 7. Understanding Universal Forwarders (For Review Only)
Lab 8. Using Universal Forwarders Project (For Review Only)
Lab 9. Data Visualization
Lab 10. Dealing with Missing Timestamps
Lab 11. The Delete Operation
Lab 12. vi Bare Essentials (Optional)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Splunk?
Splunk is a software that provides you with an engine that helps in monitoring, searching, analyzing, visualizing and which acts on large amounts of data. It is a wide application and it supports and works on versatile technologies. Splunk is an advanced technology which searches log files which are stored in a system. It also helps in operational intelligence. Splunk has many uses and it does not require any complicated databases, connectors or controls. It can also be used as a cloud application which is highly scalable and reliable.
Basically, it’s Google for log files! Beyond troubleshooting, you can use this search capability to build reports and dashboards to monitor performance, reliability, or other metrics across a whole collection of related servers and devices, and even create alerts to warn you by text or email when something is going wrong.
Determining the best DevOps tools for your team will require some experimentation, but the first step is having a clear understanding of how each will help you address your business needs and achieve your goals. To learn more about the latest DevOps tools and how they could help improve your processes, contact one of our experts today.
What are the benefits to implementing Splunk?
- Your input data can be in any format for e.g. .csv, or json or other formats
- You can configure Splunk to give Alerts / Events notification at the onset of a machine state
- You can accurately predict the resources needed for scaling up the infrastructure
- You can create knowledge objects for Operational Intelligence
What job roles are benefited from Splunk Training?
- Software Developers and System Administrators
- Data Analysts
- Graduates interested in this domain
Can I take this SplunkTraining course online?
Yes! Our Splunk training is available as “onsite training” or “ live online training”. Onsite Splunk training in Toronto can be carried out locally on customer premises or in Web Age corporate training centers. Our live online Splunk training in Toronto is carried out by way of an interactive, remote desktop.
Operational Data Analytics with Splunk
In this Splunk Training Video, we’ll review Splunk Platform’s capabilities for data onboarding and searching.
View all related courses:
Big Data Training Courses.
For over 20 years, we have trained thousands of developers at some of the country’s largest tech companies – including many Fortune 500 companies.
Why Choose Web Age Solutions for Splunk Training?
Best price in the industry
You won’t find better value in the marketplace. If you do find a lower price, we will beat it.
Various delivery methods
Flexible delivery methods are available depending on your learning style.
Resources are included for a comprehensive learning experience.
We regularly offer Splunk Training classes in these and other cities. Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Calgary, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Jacksonville, Miami, Montreal, New York City, Orlando, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver, Washington DC.