Automating IT Administration with Ansible Training
Automating IT Administration with Ansible Training (Coming Soon)
Ansible is a radically simple IT automation engine that automates cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration, and many other IT needs.
This course will provide students with an understanding of the foundational technologies behind Ansible, and show students how to use Ansible as a tool to manage computing infrastructure.
In this training, attendees will learn how to:
- Create inventory lists and playbooks to configure systems using Ansible
- Use various Ansible modules in playbooks
- Integrate the use of Git to provide version control for configuration.
- Use industry-proven best practices with Ansible
Attendees should be comfortable using command shell commands in a Linux or Unix environment.
Outline of Automating IT Administration with Ansible Training
Section 1 - Getting Started with Ansible
- Installing Ansible
- Ad-hoc commands
Section 2 - Foundations
- Remote control
Section 3 - Playbooks
- Overall format
Section 4 – Using Roles
- What are roles
- Why use roles
- Structuring roles, tasks, and handlers
Section 5 - Modules
- Core Modules
- Extras Modules
- Adding Modules
- Creating Modules
Section 6 - Best Practices
- Organizing Playbooks
- Dynamic Inventory
- Separating Staging and Production
- Version controlling playbooks