What Makes this Course Stand Apart?
- An explanation of the theory provides guidance in creating visualizations rather than a cookbook; approach which cannot fit all situations.
- A focus on communicating creates results that are more effective in explaining the data.
- Ample examples and a reference list that can be used to further explore the topic after class.
- In-class practice with opportunities to critique work.
- Experimenting with a variety of visualization tools.
What You Will Learn
- Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Apply a set of data visualization principles that maximize the ability to use numbers to tell a story.
- Match a Data Type to its best visualization attribute.
- Utilize a process to critique and refine visualizations.
- Business Analyst (IT and non-IT)
- Project Leaders/Project Managers
- Systems Analyst
- Data Analyst
The structure of the courses assumes no prior experience in statistics or data analytics.
Outline for Data Visualizations - Communicating Numbers Effectively Training
- Introduction to Visualizations
- Theoretical Foundations of Visualizations
- Understanding visual perception
- How visualizations work
- Categories of Data Visualizations
- How to Tell Stories with Visualizations
2. Visualization Types and Purposes
3. A Design Methodology
4. Visualization Design Options
- Chart types
- Plot types
- Data-at-rest, data-in-motion