What you will Learn
By the end of the course, you will be able to...
- Use common open systems client/server terms
- Describe "open" characteristics of applications, computing platforms, file systems and databases, transaction managers, and user and network interfaces
- Identify open systems components and explain how they work
- Understand the benefits and limitations of open systems
- Recognize situations that call for open systems solutions
This course is intended for those new to the client/server environment and working on any platform.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Outline for Client/Server Fundamentals Training
- What is Open Systems?
- Open Systems Standards
- Open Systems Applications
- Computer Platforms
- Data/Transaction Management
- Internet Technology