- Deep dive into the Product Owner role
- Expectations of the Product Owner
- Time management for the busy Product Owner
- The Product Owner’s Expectations for the Team
- Working with Business Users & SMEs
- Defining a Vision and Conditions of Satisfaction
- Building the Product Backlog
- Best Practices for Identifying & Writing Stories
- Effective Prioritization techniques
- Writing good Acceptance Criteria
- Conducting Refinement sessions
- Being a “Leader” & setting goals
- Motivating High-Performing Teams
This course is intended for all roles who would be actively engaged in creating, prioritizing and maintaining Agile backlogs including Product Owners, Business/Requirements Analysts and Business SMEs.
A basic understanding of the Agile lifecycle is recommended.
Outline for Agile for Product Owners Workshop Training
1. Deep Dive into the Product Owner Role
- What is Expected from the Product Owner?
- Time Management
- Product Owner Proxies
- What You Should Expect of the Team and SM
- Managing Team Conflicts
- Becoming a Servant Leader
2. The Agile Planning Framework
- What are the Agile Levels of Planning?
- What is the Impact of Multitasking and not Limiting WIP?
- What Does an Enterprise Lean Portfolio View Look Like?
- How to Apply Agile to Idea Qualification and Project Initiation?
- What Does ‘Progressive Elaboration’ and ‘Rolling Wave Planning’ mean?
- How Can I Tailor the Planning Process to My Own Needs?
3. Creating the Product Backlog
- Types of Backlogs
- Types of Stories
- Epics vs Stories
4. Guidelines to Good Stories
- Story Best Practices
- What makes a Good Story (sizing and substance)
- Finding Additional Stories
- Balance of Up-Front vs Just-in-Time details
5. Defining Acceptance Criteria
- What are Acceptance Criteria
- Qualities of Good Acceptance Criteria
- When to write Acceptance Criteria
6. Refining the Product Backlog
- Backlog Grooming
- Prioritizing the Backlog
- Story Elaboration