- Understand key concepts and terms of Agile, Scrum, and Lean
- Identify the business advantages of adopting an agile approach to software development
- Explore the trade-offs and significant change management impacts of an agile approach
- Highlight the opportunities that may exist within the enterprise for leverage agile to deliver more business value
This course is intended for anyone who is interested in learning about the Agile and its relevance to increasing IT efficiency and delivering more business value.
Outline for Agile Business Leadership Training
Part 1 – Agile Business Leadership Overview (half-day)
1. Agile Methodology Fundamentals
- Agile practices and principles
- What is iterative development?
- Why Agile?
- Agile benefits vs. waterfall
- What is Scrum- an overview of Scrum process flow
- Scrum Roles and responsibilities
- Traditional Management vs. Scrum
2. Aligning Business and IT
- Why do Business and IT so often disconnect?
- Solving with increased visibility
- Solving with better scoping and accelerated business involvement
- Best practices in driving Business and IT alignment
Part 2 – Agile Business Leadership Deep-dive (half-day)
3. Delivering Business Value through Agile
- Setting expectations
- Managing through stories and sprints
- Managing backlogs
- Adapting to changing demands
4. What Agile Won’t Do
- The problem of inadequate skills
- The challenge of politics
- Identifying unrealistic expectations
- Cutting corners and/or being faster
- Change management obstacles
5. Next Steps
- Is Agile right for your organization?
- Which method should you adopt?
- Should every project be agile?
- What would the adoption strategy look like?
- Where do you go from here?