End-users, system programmers, application programmers, administrators and support personnel will benefit from this hands-on lab experience.
- By the end of the course, you will be able to...
- Understand the role and history of UNIX as an Open System
- Login and use the UNIX system in a productive manner
- Employ most of the common UNIX commands, tools, and utilities
- Create shell scripts to automate repetitious or onerous tasks
- Manipulate files and extract data using the 'sed' and 'awk' programs
The are no prerequisites for this course.
Outline for UNIX Boot Camp
- Introduction to UNIX
- Basic UNIX Commands
- The Editor: Basic vi
- The Editor: More vi
- More UNIX Commands
- File Compare Utilities
- Job Execution
- Shell Programming Techniques
- Using sed and awk