What students will learn?
- The architecture of Android.
- Fundamentals of an Android application.
- Accessing enterprise data from an application.
- Mobile product development strategies.
Managers who are responsible for funding and success of an Android based project. Managers who will benefit from an Android based software or hardware.
Half a day.
Outline for Android for Executives
Chapter 1. The New Age of Mobile
- What does mobile platform bring to table?
- GPS and WI-FI based location
- Motion sensors
- Multimedia playback and recording
- Why should enterprises consider mobile platform?
- Most commonly uses of mobile software.
Chapter 2. Introduction to Android
- What is Android?
- A Short History
- Advantages of Android
- Disadvantages of Android
- Q1 2010 Global Market Share
- Q2 2010 Global Market Share
- US Only Market Share - All Subscribers
- US Only Market Share – New Subscribers
- Android Carriers
Chapter 3. The Architecture of Android
- Key Components Stack
- The Kernel
- The Dalvik JVM
- Application Framework
Chapter 4. Accessing Enterprise Data and Services
- WI-FI and cellular network based network access
- Network security
- Storing data on the device
Chapter 5. Product Development Strategies
- How do people use mobile devices? (Common usage scenarios).
- Surveying a few industries – Retail, Healthcare and Government.
- Types of software and hardware you can develop.
Chapter 6. Risks and Challenges
- Security risks.
- User friendliness problems.
- Not meeting user's expectation.
- Too late to go to market.