Outline for The Phoenix Project Business Simulation Workshop Training
How the Workshop Works
Your team will act in different roles within the “Parts Unlimited” organization. You can play a business role in either retail operations, human resources or finance departments. Or you can even serve as VP of IT operations or an IT team member charged with developing applications and solving IT issues.
Your challenge is to apply DevOps principles in this business simulation. In four rounds, you will work on the IT projects and issues to ensure “The Phoenix Project” is finished on time. But, beware, the business keeps coming up with new ideas and demands. External developments outside your control can also become an issue.
The Phoenix Project Business Simulation Workshop takes one day. To participate, you need eight to 12 team members.
Why participate in this simulation?
- Gain practical hands-on experience.
- Learn more about DevOps and apply it in a real-life simulation.
- Learn more about the practical implementation of DevOps.
- Learn how to develop collaboration within your teams.
- Experience how DevOps can bring value to your business.
- Develop people skills to act in a DevOps culture.
- Demonstrate the business responsibility in making IT projects more successful.
What will your team get out of it?
- Learn how to apply DevOps principles in a real-life situation.
- Learn to find the right balance between SLA requirements and IT projects.
- Experience the serious value DevOps can bring your business.
- Learn how to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your IT department.
- Gain understanding on how to create a better flow in your teams.
- Develop people skills to act in a DevOps environment.
- See the role the business side plays in making IT projects more successful