After completing this course, students will be able to:Apply infrastructure and configuration as code principles.
- Deploy and manage infrastructure using Microsoft automation technologies such as ARM templates, PowerShell, and Azure CLI.
- Describe deployment models and services that are available with Azure.
- Deploy and configure a Managed Kubernetes cluster.
- Deploy and configure infrastructure using 3rd party tools and services with Azure, such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, and Terraform.
- Define an infrastructure and configuration strategy and appropriate toolset for a release pipeline and application infrastructure.
- Implement compliance and security in your application infrastructure.
- Plan for the transformation with shared goals and timelines.
- Select a project and identify project metrics and KPIs.
- Create a team and agile organizational structure.
- Develop a project quality strategy.
- Plan for secure development practices and compliance rules.
- Migrate and consolidate artifacts.
- Migrate and integrate source control measures.
Students should have fundamental knowledge about Azure, version control, Agile software development, and core software development principles.Students in this course are interested in implementing application infrastructure and the management and configuration of that infrastructure, are interested in planning DevOps projects or in passing the Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions certification exam.
Students should have fundamental knowledge about Azure, experience with virtual machines and containers, and some exposure to automation and scripting. Experience working in a software development or operations environment with either Windows or Linux would be helpful but is not essential. Students should also have knowledge of general application development and deployment processes.
Outline for Implementing Continuous Feedback and Designing Strategy for Azure Training
Chapter 1. Recommend and Design System Feedback Mechanisms
- Lesson 1: The Inner Loop
- Lesson 2: Continuous Experimentation Mindset
- Lesson 3: Design Practices to measure End-User Satisfaction
- Lesson 4: Design Processes to Capture and Analyze User Feedback
- Lesson 5: Design Process to Automate Application Analytics
Chapter 2. Implement Process for Routing System Feedback to Development Teams
- Lesson 1: Implement Tools to Track System Usage, Feature Usage, and Flow
- Lesson 2: Implement Routing for Mobile Application Crash Report Data
- Lesson 3: Develop Monitoring and Status Dashboards
- Lesson 4: Integrate and Configure Ticketing Systems
Chapter 3. Implement and Manage Build Infrastructure
- Lesson 1: Site Reliability Engineering
- Lesson 2: Analyze Telemetry to Establish a Baseline
- Lesson 3: Perform Ongoing Tuning to Reduce Meaningless or Non-actionable Alerts
- Lesson 4: Analyze Alerts to Establish a Baseline
- Lesson 5: Blameless Post-Mortems and a Just Culture
Chapter 4. Planning for DevOps
- Lesson 1: Transformation Planning
- Lesson 2: Project Selection
- Lesson 3: Team Structures
Chapter 5. Planning for Quality and Security
- Lesson 1: Planning a Quality Strategy
- Lesson 2: Planning Secure Development
Chapter 6. Migrating and Consolidating Artifacts and Tools
- Lesson 1: Migrating and Consolidating Artifacts
- Lesson 2: Migrating and Integrating Source Control