- Introduction to Cross-Platform Mobile Development
- Layout in Xamarin.Forms
- Resources and Styles in Xamarin.Forms
- SQLite and Mobile Data
- Navigation Patterns in Xamarin.Forms
- Patterns for Cross Platform Mobile Development
- Master-detail and Drawer Navigation
- Mobile Application Architecture
- Customizing the ListView in Xamarin.Forms
- Design an MVVM ViewModel in Xamarin.Forms
- Xamarin.Forms Effects
- Xamarin.Forms Renderers
- Diagnosing Memory Management Issues
If you haven't tried Xamarin yet, this is the moment to get started! Xamarin is a cross-platform framework that makes it possible to build mobile apps for Android, iOS, and Windows all together at once using C# and a shared codebase.
Students should have significant previous experience with the C# programming language and familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts such as inheritance and interfaces.
Outline for Xamarin Forms
1. Introduction to Cross-Platform Mobile Development
Reduce the amount of code you must write by sharing your business logic across platforms.
2. Layout in Xamarin.Forms
Specify the size and position of the controls in your Xamarin.Forms UI using the two most common layout containers: StackLayout and Grid.
3. Resources and Styles in Xamarin.Forms
Use resources and styles in Xamarin.Forms to manage shared values and provide a consistent UI look and feel.
4. SQLite and Mobile Data
Use SQLite to efficiently store and retrieve on-device data.
5. Navigation Patterns in Xamarin.Forms
Implement multi-page Xamarin.Forms apps using stack and tab navigation.
6. Preparing for Publishing
Prepare your app for release through the App Store, Google Play, and Windows Marketplace.
7. Patterns for Cross Platform Mobile Development
Use the Factory pattern, the Service Locator pattern, and Dependency Injection to access platform-specific APIs from shared code in a loosely-coupled manner.
8. Master-detail and Drawer Navigation
In this course, you’ll learn how to switch between pages of content using drawer navigation, and create a master-detail UI to browse data collections
9. Mobile Application Architecture
Learn common architectural principals and styles to properly structure your mobile app.
10. Customizing the ListView in Xamarin.Forms
Customize the Xamarin.Forms ListView control using custom cells, headers/footers, grouping, and cell caching.
11. Design an MVVM ViewModel in Xamarin.Forms
Apply the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) design pattern to your Xamarin.Forms apps to improve code reuse and testability.
12. Xamarin.Forms Effects
Use Effects to customize the appearance of the native controls that underlie Xamarin.Forms elements.
13. Xamarin.Forms Renderers
Use Renderers to customize the behavior of existing Xamarin.Forms controls and create your own custom controls.
14. Diagnosing Memory Management Issues
Locate and fix memory problems in your Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android applications.