Pass the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam (EX200), or demonstrate equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux knowledge and experience
- Install Ansible / Red Hat Ansible Engine on control nodes.
- Create and update inventories of managed hosts and manage connections to them.
- Automate administration tasks with Ansible Playbooks and ad hoc commands.
- Write effective playbooks at scale.
- Protect sensitive data used by Ansible with Ansible Vault.
- Reuse code and simplify playbook development with Ansible roles.
Who Can Benefit?
This course is geared toward Linux system administrators, DevOps engineers, infrastructure automation engineers, and systems design engineers who are responsible for these tasks:
- Automating configuration management
- Ensuring consistent and repeatable application deployment
- Provisioning and deployment of development, testing, and production servers
- Integrating with DevOps continuous integration/continuous delivery workflows
Outline for Red Hat Linux Automation with Ansible Training
- Describe Ansible concepts and install Red Hat Ansible Engine.
- Configure Ansible to manage hosts and run ad hoc Ansible commands.
- Write a simple Ansible Playbook and run it to automate tasks on multiple managed hosts.
Manage variables and facts
- Write playbooks that use variables to simplify management of the playbook and facts to reference information about managed hosts.
Implement task control
- Manage task control, handlers, and task errors in Ansible Playbooks.
Deploy files to managed hosts
- Deploy, manage, and adjust files on hosts managed by Ansible.
Manage large projects
- Write playbooks that are optimized for larger, more complex projects.
Simplify playbooks with roles
- Use Ansible roles to develop playbooks more quickly and to reuse Ansible code.
- Troubleshoot playbooks and managed hosts.
Automate Linux administration tasks
- Automate common Linux system administration tasks with Ansible.