This course works with Information Server V8.5.
This course is designed to introduce advanced job development techniques in DataStage V8.5.This course replaces course number (DX455).
This advanced course is for Experienced DataStage developers seeking training in more advanced DataStage techniques and who seek an understanding of the parallel framework architecture.
You should complete:
- DataStage Essentials course or equivalent
- and have at least one year of experience developing parallel jobs using DataStage
Outline for IBM InfoSphere Advanced DataStage V8 Training
- Unit 1 - Introduction to the Parallel Framework Architecture
- Unit 2 - Compilation and Execution
- Unit 3 - Partitioning and Collecting Data
- Unit 4 - Sorting Data
- Unit 5 - Buffering in Parallel Jobs
- Unit 6 - Parallel Framework Data Types
- Unit 7 - Reusable components
- Unit 8 - Advanced Transformer Logic
- Unit 9 - Extending the Functionality of Parallel Jobs
- Unit 10 - Accessing Databases (start if there is time)
- Unit 11 - Processing XML Data
- Unit 12 - Slowly Changing Dimensions Stages
- Unit 13 - Best Practices