- Prior to taking this exam, you should possess a basic understanding of container technology. Some programming experience is strongly recommended but not required. The ability to use documentation to learn how to use unfamiliar or new applications is required.
- Take our free assessment to find the course that best supports your preparation for this exam.
- Completion of Red Hat OpenShift Development II: Containerizing Applications (DO288) is strongly encouraged but not required.
- The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Containers and Kubernetes credential is strongly encouraged but not required.
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance. Candidates for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Application Development exam should be able to perform these tasks
- Troubleshoot application deployment issues
- Create custom image streams
- Use OpenShift secrets and ConfigMaps to inject configuration data into applications
- Customize existing S2I builder images
- Implement hooks and triggers
- Work with multi-container templates
- Implement application health monitoring
Who Can Benefit?
- Application developers in a DevOps role who are responsible for managing a Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform Kubernetes environment
- Application developers in a DevOps role who are responsible for implementing a Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform Kubernetes environment
- Application developers who are responsible for creating containerized applications or converting existing applications into containerized applications
- Site reliability engineers